Since its inception in 2014, as an autonomous, nonprofit body dedicated to promotion of imports, The Jute Products Importers Association, popularly known as JPIA has been the international face of imported jute products to India. JPIA has a membership of around 30 companies spread across major cities in India. Its members are well established traders and importers of jute products like Yarns, Fabrics and Bags, showcasing a dazzling array of products across the value chain. The Association connects international sellers with appropriate buyers and facilitates interaction that enables them to sell their products. It also provides information on India’s competitive advantages, its local business friendly environment and updated position in the global market place. JPIA provides regular updates on international trends, trade related issues, the latest developments in the industry, as well as existing and emerging markets. The Association enables better understanding of Indian and International trade policies, emerging trade issues, social and environmental compliances, quality management and sustainable business practices.
THE ASSOCIATION PROMOTES IMPORT OF:-
- Raw Jute
- Yarns and Blended Yarns
- Woven fabrics, Grey and Processed
- Technical textiles (Geo textiles)
For the foreign seller, JPIA has opened a wide market for yarns, fabrics and madeups and has become a major source of consumption of these items. Other activities include –
- Organizing Representations, Buyer Seller Meets and Assisting Overseas Trade Delegations
- Giving information to overseas suppliers about Indian companies when asked
- Market information, trends and forecasts
- Identification of potential new markets and seeding the import activity through delegations
JPIA’s membership base includes members having almost 85% of the total share of imports coming to India through Bangladesh. Importing a dazzling array of products across the value chain…!!
For the Indian importers it has made available opportunities to trade that exist across the globe. Other activities include
- Working with Indian Government on import registration and stream lining of the trade policies
- Help members understand the various procedures and policies of the Government
- Help members reach out to suppliers through the various imports promotion efforts undertaken
- Provide data and trends in Export/Import
JPIA has successfully established the presence of India as a reliable buyer of jute products in the international markets. The increased quantum of imports and the diversification of existing markets bear the testimony to the success of JPIA!
MEETING WITH HIGH-COMMISSIONER (BANGLADESH)
MEETING WITH JOINT-SECRETARY – MINISTRY OF TEXTILES (BANGLADESH)